Service Engineer - Monday to Friday - Weekly Pay
Service Engineer - temp to perm role - weekly pay
£11.05 per hour – 8am – 4:30pm
40 Hours per week
To inspect, test a d service customer and company hire fleet equipment. Inspection, testing and service premium brand loose fit lifting gear, hydraulic and manual/electric hoisting equipment.
· Inspect and test items of customers that are bought in for 6/12 monthly inspection. Including loose lifting equipment, chain slings, shackles, polyester slings and other general loose tackle.
· Inspect and test bespoke equipment made to customers drawings, utilising vertical and horizontal test facilities.
· Produce written inspection/repair information for quotation and certification
· Inspect and test items upon return from hire, in line with company hire procedures
· Conduct any repairs to equipment bought in which fails inspection.
· Ensure effective service work management.
· Ensure service and calibration processes are adhered to.
· Ensure clean and safe workshop area.
· A sound industry track record in lifting gear service and inspection.
· Technical and application knowledge of the lifting industry.
· Excellent time management skills, whilst demonstrating a flexible approach and ‘can do’ attitude.
· Flexibility that includes the potential to assist other departments and locations within.
· UK driving license and flexible to undertake travel to suppliers, customers and other parties.
· Job is physical and strenuous, involving working with heavy equipment.
Experience and Skills
· Lifting gear industry: Hire or Sales (preferably both) and Service.
· LEEA Qualified (not essential)
· Working in lifting gear workshop environment.
· Working on site.
· Forklift license.
· Overhead crane experience.