Evening Warehouse Supervisor
An exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor in the Tyseley area of Birmingham. This is a straight permanent position with our client with great benefits and a great opportunity if you want to further your career in Logistics and Warehousing.
As a Warehouse Supervisor your Role responsibilities will be:
- Plan and co-ordinate, the timely picking and despatch of wholesale products within your designated teams to achieve your team objectives and balanced scorecard Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as determined by management.
- To ensure all deliveries are checked and receipted in a timely manner, and all transactions are carried out efficiently
- To ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management
- Be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and service within your area is maintained at the highest possible standards for the customer.
- Complete quality inspections on products and services, including Goods In Checks, in a timely manner.
- Full and prompt investigation of issues and implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Communicate all pertinent quality issues to the Quality technician and relevant Supervisors/Managers.
- Implement the company’s Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practices within your area of responsibility (e.g. manual handling, use of PPE, safe use of machinery and equipment, stacking & storage, etc.).
- Ensure that a high standard of general housekeeping is maintained on a ‘clean as you go basis’.
- Ensure that full pre-use & shut down checks are carried out by users of machinery / equipment
- Liaise with the maintenance team to ensure preventive, breakdown and specialist maintenance of all machinery and equipment within your area, ensuring that all maintenance schedules and records are updated accordingly.
- Develop contingency plans to ensure minimum disruption and down time.
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of the effective training & development and health, safety & welfare of your team.
- Provide strong leadership, direction and mentoring, thereby fostering and sustaining co-operation and team spirit.
- Ensure compliance with all company rules and procedures and departmental work instructions, processes, systems, etc.
- Ensure structured and planned training and development for self and team to maximise skill levels, flexibility, absence cover, etc. Provide timely and constructive feedback on the effectiveness of training and make suggestions for improvements
- To continually review and report on resource requirements against anticipated scheduling/future business plans/new products eg; staffing levels, redeployment, training/cross training, machinery and equipment requirements whilst factoring in process and efficiency improvements
- Liaise with customers as required to ensure clarity of requirements, technical details, overcome problems, etc.
- To keep the Manager and other relevant managers, supervisors and departments promptly advised on all relevant matters, problems or requirements.
- To ensure timely and accurate compliance with all administrative and reporting procedures and routines and that paperwork is forwarded to the relevant parties.
As a Warehouse Supervisor you will have the following:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with a C grade pass in Maths and English
- A minimum of 2 years Supervisor experience in a similar environment
- Ability to use IT systems, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages and in particular, Excel.
- Strong people management skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to implement, and ensure compliance with, company policies & procedures
- Be customer focused
- High level of honesty and integrity
- High level of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Co-operative, willing to learn
- Forward thinking
- Positive / ‘Can do’ attitude
- Hold a full clean driving license with access to own vehicle
As a Warehouse Supervisor you will be expected to work Monday and Tuesday 1:30pm-12am, Wednesday and Thursday 2pm-12am
You will earn between £28,000 and £30,000 + 13% Shift Allowance depending on experience.
If you are an experienced Warehouse supervisor please apply for the position online or call our office and ask for Jamie on 0121 3848488