Service Engineer (Global)
Service Engineer (Global)
£28,000 - £35,000 per Annum (OTE £45,000k -£55,000) Depending Upon Experience
Bedford – Head Office Base – International Travel required.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer to work for a rapidly growing organization, providing the best customer support.
Although your main base will be in Bedford, the role will involve a lot of worldwide travel to ensure the support for the customer’s needs (up to 70% of your role will be based outside of the UK). You will be working with a team who provide 24/7 technical support.
As a Service Engineer you will be responsible for installation, commissioning and upgrades of capital equipment, as well continued support with servicing, inspections, and warranty support in line with on-going servicing schedules. You will be coordinating the installation process, resolving any problems along the way, and ensuring a successful implementation of the equipment. You will be working with flexible packaging and printing machinery, so experience in this field with a good understanding hydraulics and pneumatics and PLC systems is a must
This role requires excellent communication skills, requiring you to liaise with the customer throughout the process and you will need to produce relevant reports and feedback in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- An understanding of basic mechanical and/or electrical engineering principles and previous maintenance or a service engineering background.
- Experience working with packaging and printing machinery
- A background in a field-based customer support role
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on own Initiative
- Good level of multi-skilling in electrics, mechanics, pneumatics & hydraulics etc
- Excellent levels in verbal and written English.
- MUST be able to travel and work away from home.
Desirable skills and Experience:
- Basic experience of working with remote diagnostic, technical support solutions in a customer support environment
- Experience in the maintenance and operation of slitting & rewinding equipment
- Extremely competitive rates of pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Generous benefits package
- Laptop, Mobile phone, and company credit card
- All accommodation, breakfast and Landry are paid for by the company.
- £45 per night for stopping away.
- Onsite parking
How to Apply:
Please apply now if you feel this is the role for you. Alternatively, you can email your CV directly to s.belotn:siamogroup.com or call 0116 2334404 fo