Copy Editor and Translator
Are you looking for a company experiencing exciting growth, with a passionate and driven marketing team within the heart of Munich. With a brand that reaches 150 countries this is an opportunity with development joining their department as a Translator and Copy Editor to expand their brand name within Germany.
The key focus for this role is to translate both engaging and creative content across e-shots, social media and newsletters for their German market working in partnership with the Marketing Manager to improve their engagement.
This Copy Editor vacancy will be based within a state-of-the-art office providing a hybrid and a flexible working schedule to maximise work life balance matching the companies values.
- €42,000 - €44,000 DOE
- Hybrid working pattern
- Flexible work schedule post probation
- 27 days annual leave entitlement plus pubic days
- Company pension
- Regular company events
- Free drinks and morning fruits provided
This Copy Editor and Translator role will have the below responsibilities:
- Translate creative and engaging copy into German, in line with key brand messaging, in a tone and style that resonates with our Wellness Advocates and customers.
- In collaboration with the Marketing Manager, tailor German copy to effectively communicate with different audiences as required.
- Translate English texts for the German speaking market, ensuring quality control and that the translated content reflects the original meaning and tone.
- Take responsibility for the consistency of language including following and supporting the maintenance of the company and product specific terminology glossary.
- Coordination of all key terminology decisions with the Marketing Manager and other content creators for the German-speaking region.
- Working with the Marketing Manager to create and maintain a German master content document.
- Work with the Europe Marketing team, and other departments including Events and Operations to provide translated German copy and content as required.
- Upload content to a variety of different internal reference platforms, following company protocols and processes, contributing to new efficiencies where appropriate.
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues in the Translations and Localisation Team to support with Marketing projects as required.
- Work closely with Legal and Regulatory to ensure content complies with necessary EU guidelines.
- Develop product knowledge and maintain a holistic understanding of all department activity and communication requirements.
The ideal candidate for this Copy Editor and Translator will have:
- Candidate must be a native German speaker with outstanding proficiency in English to C2 level (CEFR) or better, with a passion for spoken and written language.
- University degree in translation or a certificate from a recognised translation institution, or equivalent degree/qualification.
- Professional experience in translation for both on- and off-line channels designed for end-consumers and / or corporate clients.
- Talent for language, analytical thinking and the ability to reflect tonalities for different target groups.
- Great eye for detail to ensure all key brand, product messaging and styles remain consistent across all platforms.
- Eloquent, accurate and able to prioritise to meet deadlines – even under pressure.
- Sound command of industry software, such as SDL Trados, MemoQ and general software MS Office 365.
- A team player, who always has the big picture in mind, and is great at working as part of a team across multiple locations.
- Self-motivated with high levels of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to understand other European language(s) would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Direct Sales/Multi-Level Marketing experience is desirable but not compulsory.