Director of Fire Engineering
Director of Fire Engineering
Home Based with Travel to Sites
Competitive & Negotiable Salary (DOE and Qualifications)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Fire Engineering within an established surveying and facilities maintenance organisation.
The role is home based but will require travel to sites and the head office.
We are looking for a Chartered Engineer (Engineering Council) with MIFireE accreditation, to actively lead delivery, development, and growth of Fire Consultancy Services.
You will lead in the effective management of the consultancy team to deliver technical and commercial outcomes and ensure delivery of a professional and exceptional service to clients.
We are looking for someone with a new and imaginative approach to their work and can identify new approaches to tasks at hand and a willingness to achieve and always improve.
- Actively lead delivery, development, and growth of the Fire Consultancy Services (Fire Strategies, expert advice, fire engineering advise, and EWS 1 Workstream).
- Lead effective management of the consultancy Team to deliver technical and commercial outcomes.
- Act as the Lead Consultant on key fire consultancy commissions.
- Contribute to the development of the fire consultancy brand in the marketplace through service excellence, expert knowledge, and client referrals etc. Promote through social media where appropriate.
- Ensure the delivery of a professional and exceptional serviced to clients.
- Support sustainable service growth, statutory compliance and governance, client and staff retention, and development of the client base.
- Assist in growing the customer base and undertaking/overseeing the production of fee proposals through direct requests.
- Work collaboratively with other people across different divisions to provide and present a seamless service to clients.
- Achieve Chartered Fire Engineer Service subject to IFE processes and approval.
- Support the growth of customer relationships with both existing and new clients through fully understanding their requirements and delivery technically excellent services to agreed deliverables.
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of direct reports and maintain a high performing service.
- Attend and contribute to Fire Division CPD Meetings.
- Support development of colleagues where appropriate so they have the skills and motivation to undertake their roles.
- Provide technical support and guidance on fire safety matters to other departments where appropriate.
- Create new and imaginative approaches to work-related issues. Identify fresh approaches and show willingness to question traditional assumptions.
- Sound knowledge of Fire Consultancy Services 9fire strategies, fire engineering etc…) with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Be a mentor and provide guidance to other fire safety professionals in supporting their development.
- Hold a master’s degree (Fire Engineering related)
- Hold a Chartered membership with the Engineering Council via the IFE (or working towards)
Core Qualities & Attributes:
- High degree of direction, self-reliance, assertiveness ad the ability to “Hit the Ground Running”.
- Ability to interpret business needs and ability to champion decisive action.
- Can challenge positively and debate confidently.
- Able to resolve difficult issues using appropriate conflict resolution techniques.
- Strong planning, communication, and people skills with a “Hands-On” Approach.
- Able to influence diverse groups and engage both internally and externally.
- Good interpersonal skills, communication, and presentation skills.
- Good negotiation skills based on technical, commercial, and financial acumen.
- Passion and enthusiasm to succeed.
- Chartered Engineer (Engineering Council)
Apply now or alternatively call 0116 2334404 for more information or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org