Quality Inspector (MPI/NDT)
We are currently looking for a Quality Inspector (MPI/NDT) to join our client in Bedford on a permanent basis
You will be part of the Quality Assurance Team and shall work within an ISO 9001:2015 environment providing Non-destructive testing to the manufacturing, assembly and test processes to ensure adherence of customer specifications and Industry / Internal standards.
PCN Level 2 MPI is a MUST
6am to 2.30pm Mon – Thurs and 6am to 10.30am Friday.
- Magnetic Particle Inspection of components.
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection of components.
- Train team members on industry / in-house NDT requirements and test results.
- Update and communicate inspection metrics in line with day to day activities.
- Have a high level of attention to detail and be able to make fact-based decisions based on the information provided.
- Good ability to be able to work accurately at speed while achieving tight deadlines.
- Develop working relationships with work colleagues.
- Contribute to continuous improvement through activities such as Kaizens, 5Y, 8D and Structured Problem-Solving events.
- Be able to carry out any project related work required by the company including the ability to travel on company business.
Key Skills & Experience
- Pro-active with desire to do well.
- Organised with a good attention to detail.
- Good IT skills i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, SAP.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative and under own supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- Must be certified to Level 2 Magnetic Particle Inspection – PCN Preferred, SNT-TC-1A optional.
- Meticulous eye for detail.
- Can work well within a team and unsupervised.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Valid UK driving license.
- Level 2 liquid Penetrant Inspection – PCN Preferred, SNT-TC-1A optional.
- Have experience of raw material certifications to BS EN10204-2.1 to 3.2.
- Have experience of casting defects
- 25 Days holiday plus statutory public holidays
- Early finish on a Friday
- Discretionary bonus scheme (paid in March, based on previous years company performance) 5% Employer
- Pension contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension salary sacrifice
- Bike2work Scheme
£35,000 - £38,000
Apply today for a swift response!