Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Birmingham - 37,600 per year
Job Title: Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Hours of work:
Shift pattern is 6-2 & 2-10 rotating working any 5 out of 7 days (includes weekend working)
Main purpose of job:
To keep production machinery and equipment fully operational and carry out general site maintenance in accordance with TPM systems and business requirements and manage building services system
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of all operational equipment whilst maintaining safe working practices responding to issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reactive breakdown repairs and adhere to the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- Fault Diagnosis and Repair of a wide variety of Electrical and Mechanical Systems including Invertor Drives, PLC’s, PSU’s, Conveyors, Multi-head weighers, check weighers, flow wrappers, over-wrapping machines, gas flush machines and all other associated systems.
- Carry out routine maintenance to all plant and services whilst maintaining accurate record keeping.
- Assist in the management of Health and Safety, Environmental and Company policies in compliance with current regulations and legislation.
- Assist in current and future projects including introduction of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Carry out any other reasonable request from employer.
- Working knowledge and operation of all building services systems including refrigeration, fire alarm, fire sprinkler systems, air handling systems, air conditioning and computerised Building Management System.
- Experienced multi-skilled engineer able to fault find electrical systems and control circuits.
- Engineering experience within a Food or Automotive fast paced facility who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritise accordingly.
- Strong knowledge of electrical distribution and control systems, fully conversant reading all engineering drawings both electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics. Ideally IEE qualified to 17/18th edition wiring Regulations
- Previous experience programming and fault-finding on PLC’s, Invertor Drive Controls, HMI’s and other logic systems.
- Instrumentation and building management control systems.
- Experienced working with 3 phase electrical systems, DC control circuits and safety circuits.
- Hold recognised engineering qualifications to HNC standard.
- Ability to read both mechanical and electrical schematic drawings to component level and fault find accordingly.
- Excellent mechanical skills to include fabrication, welding, motor repairs, gearbox repairs and plumbing.
- Experience managing TPM systems, statutory compliance, food and Health & Safety systems.
- Recognised engineering qualifications to HNC or equivalent.
- IEE 17/18th Edition.
- Desirable: MEWP Trained, FLT Trained, IOSH/NEBOSH Certified, Food Safety.
For more information call Debby on 02476 633135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org