Domestic Abuse Family Support Practitioner - Northampton - 22k per annum
JOB TITLE: DOMESTIC ABUSE Family Support PRACTITIONER
LOCATION: MAINLY BASED OVER TWO SITES IN CENTRAL NORTHAMPTON
RESPONSIBLE TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Assisting the CYPP and DAP Team Co-ordinators in the assessment of children and young people’s needs and delivering of day to day running of services and programmes for women and children seeking to recover and move on from the impact of domestic abuse.
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: The Domestic Abuse Family Support Practitioner will be required to work flexibly 37 hours per week worked over 5 days. Some unsocial/out of hours/evening work will be required, including the provision of On Call Buddy support to the out of hours team on a rota basis. This is a 1 year fixed term post in the first instance.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POST: To provide holistic and specialist support to women, children and young people who have been the victims of Domestic Abuse. To work alongside families overseeing their progress through a programme of activities and interventions, offering support and strategies to achieve against 5 outcomes: Physical Survival, Safety and Security, Social Needs and Belonging, Self Worth and Esteem and Meaning and Purpose.
PERSON SPECIFICATION - KNOWLEDGE
- Extensive knowledge and training or a qualification in domestic abuse, with an understanding of the impact of domestic abuse on victims and their children.
- Understanding of safeguarding issues and the legal responsibilities surrounding these.
- Knowledge of civil and criminal law affecting victims of domestic abuse and their children).
- Understanding of the principles of risk assessment, safety planning and risk management for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
- Understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity issues in policy and practise.
- Understand the remits and resources of relevant statutory bodies and voluntary agencies.
- Knowledge of Welfare Benefits.
- Knowledge of specialisms e.g. mental health, immigration, BME, housing, drugs/alcohol
- A social care related qualification.
- Paediatric First Aid qualification.
- Extensive experience of working with women and children who have been/are victims of domestic abuse in Refuge and/or Community based programmes.
- Working with vulnerable adults and children, including those with complex needs.
- Working in a team.
- Keeping written/electronic records and evaluations.
- Managing a case load.
- Delivering group work.
- A suitable child/youth related qualification e.g. NNEB, NVQ Early Years Child Care Level 3, youth work qualification, teaching qualification.
For a full job specification please call Debby 07780 692784 or email firstname.lastname@example.org