Graduate Quality Assurance Technologist (food) - 25,000 per annum - Birmingham
Job Title: Graduate QA Technologist - Food
Reporting to: Technical Manager
To support the technical department of your nominated product category.
• Drive quality performance throughout the business
• Manage daily internal relationships with procurement teams, suppliers, operations and the wider internal teams.
• Ensure technical compliance is maintained for your product category.
• Cover for the technical manager in times of absence.
• Timely and accurate decision making supporting the QA and operational teams on quality or seasonal challenges
• Support the due diligence system taking responsibility for the maintenance and accuracy of supplier records
• Work with the supply base, engaging in all technical requirements such as quality performance, food safety, ethical and sustainability.
• Internal reporting for both customers and suppliers dealing with all stakeholders and our systems.
• Supporting the internal audit system and GMP assessments
• Attendance at customer facing meetings to support wider team
• Attendance at supplier facing meetings to support wider team
• Management of customers specifications and communication to all relevant parties where appropriate, including management of our customers technical libraries as required
• Develop strong product knowledge and lead as a product specialist in your category area
• Monthly KPI summaries
• Any other ad hoc duties
Ensure compliance with food safety law and customer GMP.
Ensure suppliers operate within our and ETI guidelines.
Represent the business at appropriate forums and meetings.
Follow and enforce all company policy & procedure.
Flexibility to travel overseas and within the UK as required.
The duties and responsibilities listed above would be those normally required of you. However, as a member of the technical team, it is a condition of your employment that you may be asked to carry out other reasonable tasks as and when the business dictates
- Planning and organisation
- Work under pressure to tight dead lines
- Able to analyse understand and solve problems
- Team working with other teams
- Act in a professional manner at all times
- Judgement and decision making especially under pressure
- Prioritisation skills
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collate and analyse information
- Product development skills
- Computer skills Word, Excel, Power Point, Data bases
- Pesticide/Microbiological awareness
- Food hygiene basic, intermediate
- Knowledge of BRC accreditation
- Internal auditing
Pay & Benefits
Salary is £23-£25k per annum
28 days holiday including bank holidays
Role is office based Monday to Friday 8:00 to 17:00