Material Planner - Full time - Excellent Salary Package - Coventry - 38,000 per annum
Main aim of job (in brief no duties and responsibilities)
In this key role within Logistics you will be responsible for ensuring the correct, optimum supply of components and the provision of efficient movements of materials (inbound and outbound) to satisfy customer requirements.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Creating an accurate despatch plan to meet customer delivery requirements
- Planning of production orders according to customer calls with regards of timely feasibility. Within a bottleneck situation negotiate with the customer the relevant deadlines and amounts
- Ownership of production plan and responsible for plan adherence.
- Ensuring clear and timely escalation when targets are not achieved. Performance to plan, drop in stock levels and not achieving customer call off etc.
- Analysing demand forecast and liaising with customers
- Managing stock levels, stock accuracy and stock variance investigations
- Ensuring customer schedules are entered into the system within 24 hours of receipt
- Manage all relevant customer portals and systems to ensure no disruption to dispatch or manufacturing
- Resolve errors within the system (Cogi) in order to enable accurate information flows.
- Manage material issues in respect to modifications (GECOS), engineering changes to ensure minimum stock
- Master data maintenance and regular data updates in SAP
- Maintaining and driving KPIs.
- Understand logistics processes and drive within the Value Stream.
- Premium Freights execution and booking, following the defined approval process
Formal education / course of study Work experience
• HNC Level in Logistics, Production Planning or Business related subjects 3-5 years
Professional experience (years, function)
• Logistics analyst / production planning experience, preferably in automotive
• Strong IT data entry and SAP skills, able to use customer WEB portals as necessary
• Good communication and negotiating skills
• Problem solving skills