Graduate Technologist - Birmingham - 25K
To support the technical department of your nominated product category.
- Drive quality performance throughout the business
- Manage daily internal relationships with procurement teams, suppliers, operations and the wider internal teams.
- Ensure technical compliance is maintained for your product category.
- Cover for the technical manager in times of absence.
• Timely and accurate decision making supporting the QA and operational teams on quality or seasonal challenges
• Support the due diligence system taking responsibility for the maintenance and accuracy of supplier records
• Work with the supply base, engaging in all technical requirements such as quality performance, food safety, ethical and sustainability.
• Internal reporting for both customers and suppliers dealing with all stakeholders and company systems
• Supporting the internal audit system and GMP assessments
• Attendance at customer facing meetings to support wider team
• Attendance at supplier facing meetings to support wider team
• Management of customers specifications and communication to all relevant parties where appropriate, including management of our customers technical libraries as required
• Develop strong product knowledge and lead as a product specialist in your category area
• Monthly KPI summaries
• Any other ad hoc duties
- Ensure compliance with food safety law and customer GMP.
- Ensure suppliers operate within company and ETI guidelines.
- Represent the business at appropriate forums and meetings.
- Follow and enforce all company policy & procedure.
- Flexibility to travel overseas and within the UK as required.
The duties and responsibilities listed above would be those normally required of you. However, as a member of the technical team, it is a condition of your employment that you may be asked to carry out other reasonable tasks as and when the business dictates.