Trader (Food) - Evesham - 35k - flexible start times
Brief outline of role
As a trader, it will be your job to develop procurement and sales of produce in the most efficient way in order to fulfil customer’s orders and maintain continuity of supply within the guidelines given.
To negotiate the most efficient cost prices and arrange transportation to maximise profits. To create, manage and uphold productive supplier and customer relationships to maintain and increase sales and profitability.
It is a high paced role, with responsibility from the start and as such will require someone with brilliant interpersonal, numerical and communication skills and someone that can cope well under pressure.
• Ensure all POD shortages are investigated with Warehouse and Customer in a timely manner.
• To maintain EDI systems with new lines and customers.
• Provide appropriate cover for colleagues when on holiday or sick.
• To verify depot stock levels and availability at source.
• To plan and forecast produce quantities required to ensure sufficient stock is procured to fulfil orders and to avoid wastage.
• To research, analyse and investigate markets and competitor pricing strategies, to negotiate and agree weekly and seasonal prices with suppliers to ensure continued profitability.
• To establish supplier volumes through crop planning to ensure continuous supply to fulfil service level agreements.
• To examine and assess all consignments and effectuate the claim process where required.
• To reconcile, analyse and investigate stock movement and discrepancies to ensure correct invoicing and service levels with customers.
• To organise, negotiate internally and with 3rd party to ensure correct quality levels on arrival, accurate delivery times, to maintain planned cost prices and continuity of supply chain and corporate level agreements.
• Promote, develop and manage customer relationships to maintain sales, elevate growth, uphold our supplier reputation and deliver on service level agreements.
Coordinate collections from customers and growers for cross-docking and distribution
• Consolidate and coordinate orders for individual retailers and wholesale customers in the most efficient way.
• Identify and allocate stock to be used on a day to day basis.
• Ensure that all stock is appropriately labelled.
• Ensure that stock is stored in the appropriate location and inform staff of obvious deviations and problems.
• Action remedial work to ensure quality is maintained in accordance to policies and standards.
Key Skills required:
Full UK driving license
Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft suite and business tools
Hours of Work:
Start 0600/0800 to finish 15.30/1700 - 40 hours per week with flexibility on start times