Software Engineer - Coventry - 40k Salary
we are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our expanding team. The ideal
candidate should have a high level of programming skills using an object orientated programming language
such as VB6, VB.NET or C#NET, they should also have experience with C++, SQL. A good background in
mathematics, in particular polar and trigonometric function.
Salary: £35-£40k pa (dependant on experience)
Position Type: Permanent
Contract: Full Time- (Working Hours: Monday - Thursday 8.00am – 4.30pm, Friday 8.00am – 3.30pm)
- Work on custom in-house applications, update for latest operating systems and continuous improvement.
- Modular code design, C#, C++, VB6, SQL.
- Experience in design and interfacing to SQL databases.
- Developing & testing new programs for our CNC machines.
- Software integration into the CNC control system, NET, TCPIP, OPC,(Windows)
- Writing initial software function design specification.
- Writing software operational documentation.
- Customer support for our custom applications.
- General IT support for the business.
This position requires a well-motivated, skilled individual who can demonstrate the following attributes;
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft © Windows environments, Desktop and Server.
- Methodical and pro-active approach to improvement methods.
- Strong team player and able to work on own initiative.
- Able to multi task and prioritise own work load.
- Adhere to Company Health and Safety policies.
- Available for global business travel if required.