Control Systems Engineer - Coventry - 35k per annum
Salary based on experience
Control System Engineer
We are currently seeking a Control Systems Engineer for our Coventry based client.
The ideal candidate is to have good practical experience commissioning Siemens variable speed drives
(S120), Siemens PLC (STEP 7 / TIA) and Siemens CNC controls.
Position Type: Permanent
Contract: Full Time- (Working Hours: Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4pm, Friday 7.30am - 3pm)
- Commission our range of CNC machine tools.
- Test of electrical control circuits & Test safety circuits.
- Configure, load and test PLC / CNC Controls (Mainly Siemens).
- Measuring system calibrations and preparation of the machine for production trials.
- Load & Test of CNC system, HMI (Siemens), Servo drives (Mainly Siemens).
- Design of control circuits (hardware and PLC).
- Functional Testing of the machine tool to product and contract specifications.
- Ensure compliance with CE / UKCA requirements.
- Provide Customer support.
This position requires a well-motivated, confident Control System Engineer who can demonstrate the
- Ability to read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic circuit diagrams.
- Experienced with AC & DC control circuits (LV).
- Experienced with setup and commissioning of inverter drives & servo motors.
- Good working knowledge of actuators & sensors.
- Practical experience of fault finding on electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Have understanding and practical working knowledge of CNC machine tools.
- Experience of reading & writing PLC programs (TIA Portal & STEP 7).
- Competent use of PC equipment, windows, office applications, TIA/STEP 7 and EPLAN.
- Basic NC Programming experience (Siemens 840D experience advantageous).