Wellbeing Service Co-ordinator
JOB TITLE: WELLBEING SERVICE CO-ORDINATOR
LOCATION: BASED OVER TWO SITES IN CENTRAL NORTHAMPTON
RESPONSIBLE TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Assisting the Development Manager in the delivery of agreed therapeutic programmes and activities that meet the identified needs of all our service users including children and young people; offering practical support to enable and empower service users to carry out their day to day activities.
The role holder will be required to work 30-37 hours per week flexibly over 5 days. Some unsocial/out of hours/evening work will be required, including the provision of On Call Buddy support to the out of hours team on a rota basis.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POST:
To provide support that enables women and children who are survivors of domestic abuse to lead full, satisfying and independent lives, facilitating development and rehabilitation of service users who may have mental and emotional issues, learning difficulties and physical disabilities by delivering specific needs-led, trauma-informed interventions.
Key Skills: Essential
- Therapeutic qualification – i.e. BACP Counsellor, Coach, Occupational Therapist, Psychotherapy, Behavioural Sciences to degree or equivalent level.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of a trauma-informed approach
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of support needs including trauma.
- Demonstrable experience of working with people who have complex trauma, which may include high mental health and/or substance misuse issues as well as domestic abuse.
- Experience of delivering high quality outreach services to people with a wide range of needs and risks.
- Knowledge of Domestic Abuse and the ability to provide a trauma-informed, strengths based approach that offers protection and reduces risk
- Ability to liaise and work closely with external professionals to inform and develop Service Users support
- Ability to travel effectively throughout the county of Northamptonshire and beyond if required
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
For more information and a full job specification please call Debby on 07780 692784 or email firstname.lastname@example.org