Production Operative - Day shift
PRODUCTION OPERATIVE - Day Shift
We are currently recruiting experienced Production Operatives for one of our prestigious clients based in Ellistown, Leicestershire due to demand and growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a local leading manufacturer who offer a friendly working environment with excellent benefits and opportunity for overtime.
Must be happy to work in a dirty, dusty environment and be physically fit due to this being a physical role.
This is a 5 on 5 off, 5 on 5 off, 4 on 4 off shift - This is a fixed day shift working 12 hour shifts!
*£13.30 per hour Including Shift allowance
- Ability to take ownership of the role
- Hands on Cleaning of machinery and plant
- Ability to rotor and prioritise your own workload
- Operation of mobile plant as required
- Greasing and oiling of production plant
- Adhering to health & safety, quality and environmental systems
- To deliver through the process improvement initiatives and continuous improvement
- Assist with production when required
- Creating and maintaining the highest standards of 5S’s housekeeping and environmental management
- Assist in the development of SSOP’s and Risk Assessments
Essential qualifications & experience:
- Excellent timekeeping, attendance and flexibility
- Numerate & literate.
- Team working attitude.
- Ability to also work alone.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High degree of Health & Safety awareness.
- Ability to work as part of a team or on your own.
- Ability to learn to operate key manufacturing and mobile plant.
- Willingness to undergo further training and development.
- Previous labour intensive role
Desirable qualifications & experience:
- Experience of working in a continuous improvement environment.
- A certified counterbalance FLT driver is advantageous.
- A recognised up-skill.
Training & Development
Our client aims to operate to world-class standards and the successful candidate will be required to commit to a focused programme of training and development which will include:
- Multi-functional operation, possibly cross departmental.
- 5S principles.
- Localised Health and Safety Procedures.
- Localised Environmental and Quality Responsibilities.
- Localised up-skilling.
- Immediate starts with full training provided.
- Paid Holidays and Pension Scheme
- Free on-site car parking
- Get amazing deals exclusively available to yourselves through the Siamo Benefits scheme
- Excellent chance of a permanent position
If you feel this position could be for you please call the Ashby team on 01530 416770 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org