Kiln car repair operative
£10.73 per hour
Temp to Perm
Kiln Car Repair Operative – Day Shift
We are currently recruiting for our market leading manufacturer in Ellistown. We have an opportunity for someone looking to do a manual role.
Hours of work and Pay
- Monday to Friday
- 08.00am – 16.00pm
- Repairing and renewal of kiln car refractories.
- Repairing car chassis steel work and joints.
- Lubricating and replacing as necessary wheels and bearings.
- Replacing kiln car rope seals.
- Inspecting and monitoring of kiln car condition to identify immediate and long term repair requirements.
- Updating of kiln car maintenance records.
- Maintaining the refractory and other spares stock inventory
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping in work areas.
- Any other reasonable duties as determined by the Technical Manager to support the TPM process and technical team activities.
- High degree of Safety Awareness.
- Excellent time keeping and attendance.
- Flexible - available for overtime and supporting the team when needed.
- Adaptable to changing priorities and tasks.
- Self- motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Methodical and systematic approach with a high attention to detail.
- Team working attitude.
- Willingness to learn new skills and tasks.
- Basic fabrication or building skills/experience.
- Fitting, welding and forklift experience would be beneficial though full training will be provided.
- PC Literate.
If you are interested in this role then please send your current Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Ashby team on 01530 416770