Qualified Accounts Portfolio Manager (Agriculture)
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Qualified Accounts Portfolio Manager in our Agriculture & Property Department to join our team. You will join us on a full time basis (37.5 hr per week) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary plus great company benefits!
Our client is one of the fastest growing independent accounting and business advisory firms in the UK and is listed as a Top 100 Accountancy Firm by Accountancy Age.
The firm provides tailored audit, accounting, payroll, taxation and business advice across diverse sectors including academy schools, agriculture, landed estates, international, not for profit, property and development and professional services.
We work closely with our clients to deliver carefully planned, clever solutions that are bespoke to their circumstances and designed to enable their success.
Purpose of the Role
To manage a portfolio of clients and drive the delivery of accounting and tax planning solutions to these clients. Building relationships will allow you to effectively deliver projects and grow members of the team. Providing unique, tailored solutions to key rural clients.
- To provide exceptional levels of service to clients on a wide variety of areas, on a cost effective & timely basis.
- Responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC) in a timely manner.
- Seeking to gain experience/ progress role and those of other staff by seeking to take more advanced work from partners and delegating more routine work to others, thereby aiding cost-effectiveness and adding to interest/ training of all within the team.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses as to become their point of contact on day-to-day matters.
- Reviewing accounts and tax returns prepared by more junior staff. Includes corporate and unincorporated clients.
- Assisting with the management of the Agriculture and Property Department to meet departmental objectives through planning. This includes completing staff appraisals, monitoring and effective delegation, utilising the skills and knowledge within the existing team and sourcing additional knowledge.
- Completing staff appraisal forms providing feedback (good and bad) and training as required.
- Seeking to identify business and tax planning opportunities, VAT issues, NIC issues, business planning points, etc as part of the review process. Drawing to attention of partners/ client as appropriate. Preparation of necessary reports/ computations etc, liaising with other professional advisers as required.
- Assisting partners with specific assignments- e.g. business planning, advisory and tax matters.
- Assisting partners in controlling WIP within the section by progressing work to completion/ billing point swiftly. Liaising with partners re WIP and raising bills/ assisting as required.
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and ensuring these are met- e.g. company reporting, P11ds, tax returns, etc
- Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff.
The true benefit for working with our clients is the culture and values driven environment, which promotes sustainable development for all our talented people. This has generated fantastic careers from trainee to partner and everything in between.
We also offer:
- £50000.00 - £60000.00
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contribution
- 28 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Use of our benefits platform
- Unique Branded company Cashback Card
- Life assurance
- Flexible working Structure: Flex-e
- Private Medical Insurance, provided by Vitality
- Medical Cash Plan, provided by Health Shield
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Critical Skills Required:
- Ability to review and complete accounts files quickly and efficiently
- Ability to review and complete personal tax returns quickly and efficiently
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent problem resolution skills and ideas generation ability
- Strong marketing, networking and business development skills
- Pro-active management skills, resulting in high performance teams
Critical Knowledge Required:
- In depth knowledge of accounts preparation
- In depth taxation knowledge
- Solid MS Office products knowledge
Essential: ACA, ACCA or CTA Qualification or equivalent experience.
Essential: Minimum of 3 years Accounts and Tax experience within a Practice environment
Desirable: Experience at manager level within a Practice environment / Experience with rural business or related services
- Strong presence
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Good networker
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical – quick thinker
- Live within commuting distance of Kettering
- Work outside normal hours as required
What to do next:
If this sounds like you then click apply or call Josh on (01604) 698 839