Audit and Accounts Senior or Semi Senior.
We are looking for Audit and Accounts Senior and Semi Senior.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Part-Qualified or Qualified Accountant to join their team based in Countrywide House, Banbury. You will join them on a full time basis (37.5 hr per week) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary plus great company benefits!
Our client is one of the fastest growing independent accounting and business advisory firms in the UK and is listed as a Top 100 Accountancy Firm by Accountancy Age.
The firm provides tailored audit, accounting, payroll, taxation and business advice across diverse sectors including academy schools, agriculture, landed estates, international, not for profit, property and development and professional services.
They work closely with their clients to deliver carefully planned, clever solutions that are bespoke to their circumstances and designed to enable their success.
Purpose of the Role
To provide high quality audit, accounting and related client services, and to contribute generally to the overall development of the Firm. Develop your own skills and knowledge through a formal training program.
- Perform the “senior” role on audit assignments, as required
- Prepare statutory financial statements based on information supplied by clients
- Prepare business tax computations, partnership and personal tax returns Prepare corporation tax computations and forms CT600
- Assist with general client inquiries regarding aspects of their bookkeeping and other business related matters as required
- Prepare other client deliverables as requested
- Monitor own quality of performance and time costs in line with agreed budgets
- Assist with administrative tasks if necessary
- Record own chargeable time and enable maximum recoveries
- Attend courses that are appropriate to job role
- Assist in the delivery of ad hoc projects and assignments
- Identify points for the Department Manager to raise with clients and to raise potential areas for additional services including added value services and advice
- Undertake bookkeeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts preparation, as and when required
- Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive manner and ensuring attention to detail and effective questioning of client
- Provide support to trainees through on-the-job coaching and supervision of their work
- Make use of appropriate support networks to clarify knowledge and resolve queries on complex technical or software related matters
The true benefit for working with our client is the culture and values driven environment, which promotes sustainable development for all our talented people. This has generated fantastic careers from trainee to partner and everything in between.
We also offer:
- £35000.00 - £45000.00
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contribution
- 23 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays (Increases with length of service)
- Use of our benefits platform
- Life assurance
- Flexible working Structure: Flex-e
- Private Medical Insurance, provided by Vitality
- Medical Cash Plan, provided by Health Shield
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Electric car scheme (salary sacrifice)
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- ACA / ACCA fully or part-qualified, or AAT qualified
- Experience of preparing accounts and related business tax computations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn and consider the bigger picture
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presence
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Attention to detail
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical – quick thinker
- Live within commuting distance of Banbury
- UK Driving Licence and access to vehicle
- Work outside normal hours as required
What to do next:
If this sounds like you or somebody you know then apply today via online or contacting Josh on (01604) 698839