Business Analyst -
We have a fantastic opportunity become available for a Business Analyst to join of growing client in the Midlands!
Reporting to the Consultancy Manager, your role as a Business Analysts plays a key role across the business. The team works across Pre-Sales, Implementation/Consulting work with their clients and enhancing the suite of Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) software.
They need motivated go-getters who are passionate about client service and tenacious for project success to join this growing team and work across an exciting programme.
What to expect from the role
Business Analysts will work on a range of engagements across the business. Key duties will include:
- Supporting Client Implementations across the full project lifecycle – including Requirements Gathering/Analysis, Configuration and Training
- Working closely with the Development team to design and deliver Product Enhancements and Customisations
- Demonstrating our Products to prospective and existing clients
- Analysing Market/Industry changes and their impact on the business and our clients
The work is fast-paced and will involve managing priorities across multiple engagements, allowing exposure to a range of different clients and domain areas.
The expectation is for a Business Analyst to reach Subject Matter Expert status in various aspects of the business and then be able to additionally support the Sales, Account Management and Client Services functions as required. There will also be the opportunity to collaborate with other business units and colleagues in their offices in Brussels, Paris and across Australia.
You will receive excellent support in getting you up-to-speed through a formal induction programme, 1:1 and group training sessions and a buddy system. Your fresh thoughts and approaches will be welcomed and expected. You will be expected to grow and develop in the role through focused self-learning, pushing yourself and taking advantage of the opportunities that are on offer.
Key competencies you will bring
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to understand client requirements and processes and translate them into workable solutions.
- Outstanding communication skills are vitally important as you will be expected to communicate information clearly and effectively to both clients and across our business. You will be expected to build excellent working relationships with your colleagues and clients, and work collaboratively to support their business strategy
- A keen interest in technology and software systems and getting ‘hands-on’
- You are a quick learner and keen to develop yourself towards expert level
- You are easy to get on with, can motivate others towards a shared goal and enjoy succeeding as part of a team.
- You take pride in your work and enjoy what you do.
Your skills and experience
You must have the following:
- Educated to degree level, or have equivalent industry experience
- The right to live and work in the UK / Europe
- Fluency in English
- A proven track record in implementing/managing change and solving complex problems
- At least two years’ experience in a Business Analysis / Implementation Consultant type role or strongly relevant experience in a Software Development environment
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency across Microsoft Office (or equivalent) to produce high-quality documentation
- Willingness and ability to travel across the UK and Europe to work on customer sites on occasion when required
The following is also desirable:
- Knowledge and experience of working in the Energy Industry and/or a Commodities/Financial Trading Environment
- Experience in configuring and implementing ETRM or other complex software solutions
- ISEB BA qualifications
- European language skills, particularly French, German or Spanish
- Proficiency with Power BI and/or SQ
- Solihull location, in modern offices with great amenities
- 8% pension contribution
- Life Assurance Policy
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- BUPA Private Medical Healthcare
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- A “You Day” each year
- Company Social Events
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects and technologies
- Opportunities for both technical and product focused training
The role will be hybrid working - with half the week working within their Midlands office, meaning ideally you will be located fairly near to the Midlands.
Fantastic opportunity for the right person!