Account Manager - 3PL Logistics - Knowsley, Merseyside - £35k per annum
Our client leads the field with their expertise in logistics and supply chain management. They
deliver award-winning Ecommerce Solutions, Value-Added Freight
Forwarding and specialist White Glove Services - empowering their clients
with the tools to achieve remarkable growth across borders.
To ensure they retain their position at the forefront of this exciting and rapidly
developing industry, we want to find new people to work with them, who want
to share in the future success of the business. We on their behalf, are looking for
ambitious, dedicated, and problem-solving individuals to join their team
providing game-changing solutions for their clients.
The purpose of this role is to develop, maintain and measure all activity with the Client. Manage all aspects of our clients relationship with the
accounts to achieve optimum business retention, profitability and development.
- Be familiar with the contract, agreed services and their levels with dependent responsibilities
- Monitor delivery of the service levels on a weekly and monthly basis
- Identify trends/problems/potential solutions
- Agree problem escalation process with Client
- Review reports & data
- Assist in delivery of target profit margins and growth objectives.
- Engage with debtor reports and query logs and - where appropriate - intervene and aid the process of on-time payment
Manage internal/external relationships:
- Develop long term relationships at all levels within the Client’s, suppliers and internal teams
- Internal and external weekly, monthly and quarterly routines of communications/meetings.
- Travel, as necessary
- Identify issues which require engagement of or delegation to internal teams or escalation to the account sponsor
Develop business opportunities:
- Develop and maintain an Account Plan & Strategy to compliment the business objectives of the business and the Client
- Systematically record, progress and finalise all agreed deliverables
- Maximise opportunities for extending product/ service offerings.
- Keep up to date with market developments in relation to the client’s business with the company.
Manage client service executives:
- Create a team plan of engagement for each client
- Goal setting and appraisals
- Development plan for each executive
- Ownership and management of client improvement projects.
- Reporting on status of each project in line with agreed target achievements.
Skills and qualifications:
- International / Domestic contract logistics management
- Strong communications skills
- Team Leadership ability
- Business/ Commercial Acumen
- Relationship Management ability
- Strategic Vision and Planning skills
- Problem solving
- Cultural empathy
- Selling skills
- Self motivation
- Project management
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel, Word & PowerPoint skills.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a strategic client account role
- Proven experience of leading/ Chairing client meetings QBR’s/ MBR’s
- Proven experience of Commercial account management
- Quality Management, Results Driven, Developing Standards, Foster Teamwork, Handles Pressure, Giving Feedback
Compensation and benefits:
- Pension scheme (5% employee, 3% employer contributions)
- Referral scheme
- Death in service (4x salary)
- Private healthcare after 1 year service
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays with an extra day after 5,8-,and 10-years’ service
- Employee assistance programme