Transport Administration clerk/office based! Friday to Monday, NN15
Siamo Recruitment currently looking for an experienced Transport Administrator clerk to join one of our prestigious client in Burton Latimer/Kettering (NN15)
Working hours and rate of pay: Monday -Friday 0800-1600, £10.78/ per hour, Overtime pays available over 40 hours shift £16.17
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The role will be based in a fast-paced environment working closely with the warehouse team to ensure all routes are dispatched in time to make deliveries on time. The site has seen a recent change to the warehouse management system which in turn has caused a back log of operational challenges which are currently being worked through to bring the site back to a BAU status.
The main duties will be:
- Dispatch/Pre-briefing and Debriefing Drivers
- Daily reporting of operational status to Transport Shift Manager
- Proactive communication of delivery issues to our customers
- Provision of ETA’s and resolution of live delivery issues
- Manage fleet defects to resolution and report accordingly
- Close working relationship with the Warehouse team to ensure dispatch on time
- Liaising with core drivers/hauler/sub-contractors to ensure delivery on time
- Working with the central planning team to ensure following days plans are covered
- Using Ortec to check the routing of drivers and to keep up to date with their progress
- Use of the STAR reporting act to ensure safety is always a focus
- General Admin duties to include photocopying, scanning documents etc.
- Create paperwork – attention to detail will be important.
We are looking for someone who:
Ortec experience would be desirable for this role
Good geographical knowledge
Prioritising workload to meet demand of operation
Excellent communication skills
Able to react quickly and think on feet
Must be computer literate with a good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word) products and will enjoy working as part of a team. Previous experience within an Admin/Planner role would be an advantage. Excellent communication skills required for dealing with customer queries both by email and phone in English. Should be a positive, enthusiastic person. Must be able to work alone, as part of a team and be able to stand for the whole of your shift.
What we offer: The opportunity to work with an award-winning recruitment agency - Siamo Group. Pension. Free on-site car parking. Excellent canteen facilities, with hot & cold food, vending machines, microwaves, fridges to store your own food. Longevity of work, some existing colleagues have up to 36 months of service.28 days annual leave per year (dependent on hours worked). Excellent ‘local’ transport network, with a timetable to suit all shifts and bus stops right outside our client. Secure (covered) bicycle sheds. Apply for this role by following the job board instructions. Call 07966137034