Siamo are working with a luxury, high-end manufacturing organisation based in Stroud, looking to continue their growth by adding a Shift Engineer to their dedicated team of 40, offering huge career development opportunities, and a family feeling environment.
This is a split shift role, often running on a double day divide where you will be compensated with a salary multiplier for the days and a night shift.
This is a hands-on Shift Engineer role, that would suit an Engineer with knowledge and experience within Mechanical Engineering, reading, and understanding Electrical drawings, and sound knowledge around pneumatics with demonstrable experience in a similar role.
As a Shift Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the manufacturing line has reduced downtime, quick repairs and proactively implement preventative maintenance procedures.
This role operates its weekly rotations as follows:
· Monday to Thursday 6am - 2pm, Friday 6am - 2pm
· Monday to Friday 2pm -10pm, Friday 1pm – 8pm
The benefits within this Shift Engineer opportunities
· Above average salary up to £39,000 DOE (Before shift multiplier)
· Brilliant shift multiplier to boost earnings between £45,000 and £50,000
· Pension Scheme
· On site parking
· Career development opportunities
· Fun, Family feeling environment
The ideal experience for this Shift Engineer opportunity
· Experience of a CMMS and stores stock system
· Knowledge Mechanical and pneumatic fault finding
· Diagnosing electrical motors and pumps faults
· Reading electrical drawings and fault finding
· Welding (MIG/TIG)
· Knowledge of PLC analysing inputs & outputs
· Previous programming experience – Desirable
· The ability to Carrying out routine PPMs – lubrication, changing seals, meter readings, replacing worn bearings, conveyor components etc
· Experience of VSDs