Cloud Support Engineer
Are you an experienced IT Systems Engineer, looking to take your career to the next level?
Siamo are pleased to present the opportunity to join a forward-thinking provider of digital consultancy, managed services, and technology, who are looking to recruit a Cloud Support Engineer in their office in Cirencester.
Our client specialises in offering a client facing service desk to ensure a smooth running of their innovative software and WIFI based solutions. Since 2006, they have created hardware and software solutions, but recently their cloud-based solutions have taken precedence, optimising their client’s efficiency and capability to grow.
As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to influence the direction for this new Cloud Service, alongside developing and producing scalable, robust, innovative Managed Services solutions for our client’s customer base.
This position will see you earning circa £50,000 per annum.
Why join our client? Benefits as below:
- Bi-Annual bonus scheme
- Life insurance
- Free lunch/tea/coffee/fruit every day
- Childcare vouchers
- On-site parking
- Company events
- Health/medical insurance
- Professional training
- Casual dress
- Company pension
Responsibilities for this Cloud Support Engineer position:
You will primarily be responsible for Level 3 Nutanix support, requiring knowledge of VMware and AHV, with LAN network skills including Mellanox, Cisco and firewalls such as Fortinet or Cisco ASA
You will be:
- Managing customer relationships in conjunction with delivery teams
- Working with service desk toolset to resolve issues for customers
- Work with project managers, cloud architects and suppliers to ensure the Managed Service architecture is maintained and developed as the platform grows
- Ensuring the cloud platform is maintained according to service requirements
- Assisting with customer service delivery reporting
- Acting as the ‘end of the line’ for Support requests, providing L3 technical support
- Monitoring infrastructure performance
- Providing documentation, training, mentorship, and guidance to junior colleagues
- Working with support third parties to resolve customer issues
- Supporting IAAS customer base across a range of verticals
- Building and maintaining a well-documented infrastructure architecture for cloud solutions including Private Cloud in enterprise data centres, for dedicated and multitenant client environments.
- Evaluating Cloud initiatives for alignment with customer infrastructure, system architectures for hybrid cloud and transformation to cloud services
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ support Nutanix platform at Level 3 or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Full driving license
- Knowledge of AOS, and AOS management, including configuration management including updates, performance analysis, troubleshooting, hardware break fix, software updates
- Nutanix certifications are a bonus, but not strict requirement
- Ability to create, maintain and update documentation
- Ability to identify, recommend and/or implement relevant security and operational services