Are you looking for a rewarding, active position which will allow you to gain valuable experience within a family run business? Our client is looking for Sawyer on a temporary - permanent basis.
With over 180 years' trading experience, our client has grown to provide not only the widest range of products, but expertise, service, and knowledge within their field. With a nationwide network of branches supplying timber and building materials, kitchens and a dedicated manufacturing division supplying timber engineering services, they are focused on providing market leading choice, quality, service, and value.
- Monday - Friday
- 8am - 5pm
- £12 per hour + attendance bonus
- Attendance bonus potential (up to £85 per month)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 'Save While you Spend' scheme with over 6,000 retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Extra company benefits if taken on permanently, such as discounts and rewards.
The Role of a Sawyer:
- Oversee the processing of lumber into wood components using saws.
- Submit to safety training and adhere to all safety protocol.
- Perform basic maintenance and upgrades to saw machinery, such as changing the blades.
- Feed lumber into saw machinery that is calibrated to the appropriate specifications.
- Adhere to production schedules.
The Ideal candidate for this Sawyer position:
- Good mathematical skills
- Ability to interpret and read technical drawings and blueprints
- Experience in a similar position
- Ability to complete manual work, with heavy lifting etc.
- Drivers license essential
- FLT license beneficial
Call Lisa for more info: 01285 640734