Parcel Sorting/Loading Operative **IMMEDIATE START**
Parcel Sorting Operative
£11 - £12.61 Per hour + OT available
We are currently recruiting Parcel Sorting Operatives for our client based near Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10.
This is an opportunity to work in a very busy site that processes 40,000 – 1000,000 parcels during a shift.
A permanent agency contract is offered, with guaranteed hours and the opportunity to be taken on directly by our client after a qualifying period.
The role will involve the safe handling of parcels of varying sizes and weights. You will be responsible for loading and unloading trailers with moving of parcels around the hub as well as loading parcels on to conveyors.
There will some heavy lifting involved and use of pump trucks for particularly large and bulky items.
Training is provided on successful completion of an induction and health & safety test.
Due to location and shift times, you MUST be a driver with access to a vehicle to ensure timely arrival for shifts and to ensure you can get home safely.
Days and Hours of Work
Monday to Friday 21.00pm – 03.00am (finish time may be various)
Rate of Pay
£11 per hour increasing to £12.61 per hour after a qualifying period.
OT available at £18.31 per hour
- Loading and unloading of vehicles
- Scanning of packages
- Loading of packages onto conveyor belts
- Moving and handling of packages around the site.
- Ensuring health & safety at all times
- Ability to carry out a manual role due to some packages being quite awkward and heavy.
- Some experience in a similar setting is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Willingness to learn to use mechanical handling equipment i.e. pump trucks
- A “Can Do” attitude
- Able to work well in team and communicate effectively.
- Immediate starts with full training provided.
- Permanent contracts with guaranteed hours
- Paid Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Refer a friend scheme – Earn £25 for each friend referred
- Free on-site car parking
- Get amazing deals exclusively available to yourselves through Siamo Benefits scheme which is totally FREE to all Siamo employees while shopping online or in-store at hundreds of different retailers
- Excellent chance of a Permanent position
In order to be considered for the role you will need to do a full registration with us – which can be done via email with online documents.
You will need to be able to provide proof of ID and right to work documents, Proof of NI and 2 x Proof of Address (dated within the last 3 months – one of which must be a utility bill, council tax bill for example)
Apply now or call 0116 2334404 for more information and to be booked for immediate inductions.