Warehouse Manager, £28-£30k
Are you an enthusiastic team player, with a background within Warehouse Management looking to work within a friendly, family-run business based in Bristol? Siamo would love to hear from you!
We are hiring for a Warehouse Manager on behalf of our fantastic client based in Avonmouth, Bristol on a permanent basis. Our client is one of the largest independent suppliers of commercial equipment and supplies to businesses in the South West, from products spanning cleaning and hygiene to catering.
As a Warehouse Manager, you will be joining their small, close-knit team and will be managing and motivating a warehouse team of currently 5 people and be able to execute their plans for expansion. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a consistently growing business, and make a positive impact on operational procedures to really show through successes, and make your mark within the business.
This position will see you earning circa £28,000 - £31,000 per year DOE.
- Monday – Friday, 08:00am – 17:00pm
The benefits of joining our client:
- Onsite parking
- Company pension
- Statutory holiday entitlement, rising with length of service
- Staff discount
- Supportive, family-feel team
- Business closed over Christmas and New Year
Duties to be undertaken by a Warehouse Operative
- Goods inwards and despatch
- Forklift (reach) operation
- Computerised stock management
- Stock rotation and stock takes
- Management of distribution fleet including route mapping, and planning
- General facilities maintenance
- Identifying and implementing operational improvements
- Health & safety in the warehouse
- Ensuring resourcing levels meet demand
- Liaising with other internal departments such as purchasing and inbound sales to ensure smooth running of the operation
- Exemplifies the company’s values* and behaviours
- Ensure warehouse cleanliness measures are implemented and enforced
- Distribution of, and leading the team to achieve KPI’s
The ideal candidate for this Warehouse Manager position:
- Proven exposure to managing teams within a warehouse (or similar) environment
- A driven, hard-working individual with a team player attitude
- Forklift license
- Full driving license preferrable
- Effective communication style and ability to influence at senior levels
- Track record in identifying change and shaping operations
- Physically fit for this manual role (picking duties include heavy lifting)
- Customer service skills – you will act as the face of the business for customer collections, and supplier deliveries
If this position sounds like you, please get in touch today to avoid missing out on this fantastic opportunity. Call Lisa today on 01285 640734.