Are you an experienced Claims Assessor, looking to take on a role for a prestigious, professional company?
Siamo are working with a long-standing partner based in south Cerney, who are looking to continue their projected growth by bolstering the current team with an additional Claims Assessor, adding to their friendly environment, that is within an ideal commutable distance of Cirencester and Swindon.
Within this Claims Assessor role, you will become an integral part of the business, liaison daily with clients and customers to provide knowledge and support, ensuring that the correct procedures are followed and adhered to.
This role would suit someone with experience in a fast-paced environment, who is able to communicate confidently and validate claims.
Why joins our partner?
· Above average salary of £25,000
· Pension: Currently 10% non-contributory
· Holiday: 25 days, plus public holidays
· Core Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5pm with one hour for lunch – 36.25 hours per week
· Death in Service cover of 4 x base salary
· Corporate Eye Care Package
· Private Health Cover
· 2 days paid leave per year to carry out charity work
· Dress Down Friday
Your role as a Claims Assessor will include:
· Validating documentation by the client / customers
· Identifying and investigating potential non-disclosure
· Identifying and investigating potential fraudulent claims
· Validating financial evidence/documentation
· Dealing with all documentation in a systematic, accurate, professional manner, always adhering to compliance procedures and standards
· Ensuring all information is accurately entered into the necessary systems
· Processing and calculating benefit entitlement for clients
· Liaising with customers, authorised agents, and other sources, to satisfy the business claims standard
· Preparing cases for input by the Chief Medical Officer and/or Underwriters.
· Ensuring that claimants are kept informed of the progress of their claim
The Ideal candidate for this Claims Assessor will have experience in the following:
· Sound knowledge of the claims process
· Ability to manage own time and workload
· Methodical and organised with a high attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong communication skills across all levels
· Supportive team player
· Knowledge and understanding of GDPR