A new opportunity has arisen to join an award-winning organisation based in Cirencester as a Finance Manager.
As a Finance Manager you will be working closely with the Finance Director to retain a clean Audit when reporting to external stakeholders, providing continuous development of the financial systems, and line manage the finance team of two dedicated and experienced professionals.
What are the benefits of this role?
· 30 days Holiday Plus Bank holiday + 5 days off over Christmas
· GPS defined benefit pension scheme (including life assurance)
· Sick pay scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Free on-site car parking
· On-site fitness suite
· Refectory and Cycle to Work Scheme
Your responsibilities as a Finance Manager:
· Building effective lines of communication with the Finance Director to support high quality cost and cash management.
· Responsibility operating budget after consultation with budget holders.
· Oversee the main revenue grant requirements.
· Preparation of the first draft salary budget for submission.
· Preparation of timely monthly financial statements
· Oversee the month-end and year-end processes.
· Preparation of the first draft pre-audit statutory financial statements.
· Bringing anomalies to the Finance Directors attention at the earliest instance.
· Dealing directly with Budget holders on the Finance Directors behalf.
· Lead and line-manage the Finance team including recruitment and appraisals.
· Develop improvements in financial reporting systems, providing managers with reports that are timely, accurate, presentable and relevant.
The experience expected for this Finance Manager position:
· Proficient in Excel & Word.
· A willingness to learn and exploit systems including power-point and similar presentational systems
· Commitment to excellent communication channels with the Finance Director in order to maintain the clean audit record and excellent financial accountability standards.
· Excellent report presentation skills.
· Well organised, especially with regard to administration, prioritising workload, and meeting reporting deadlines.
· Excellent stakeholder service skills and reputational awareness.