Operations Manager - Milton Keynes - 3PL multiclient - £40,000
- To manage the daily throughput of Client intake, Client orders along with maintaining accurate Inventory levels providing leadership to the Operational Teams. To motivate, encourage and measure the Operational Teams to deliver a best-in-class service to our clients.
Key duties and responsibilities
Manager Job Duties:
Maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and managing all employee relations matters.
Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analysing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements, implementing, and measuring operational changes.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing Daily, Weekly, and monthly KPI’s
- Maintain high standards of service to clients each day
- Manage the daily throughput of customer orders across all departments.
- Ensure outstanding stock receipts are completed and recorded
- Complete weekly / annual cycle count requests and report results
- Work with Client Services team to deliver expectations
- Coach and mentor, the First Line Management Team
- Carrying out PDP’s and objective setting for your team
- Any other reasonable request of senior management
- Carry out Return to Work Interviews
- Manage all employee relations matters, e.g., Disciplinary, grievance, flexible working requests
Qualifications and key skills
Performance Management, Coaching, Supervision, Quality Management, Results Driven, Developing Standards, Foster Teamwork, Handles Pressure, Giving Feedback
- Educated to GCSE standard or above
- Experience in managing minimum 15 staff
- Able to meet deadlines
- Reporting of KPI’s
- Understanding of multi-user environment
- Knowledgeable in H&S requirements
- Can contribute ideas and suggestions to team meetings
- Can identify areas where change of process or procedure can benefit the business and improve customer service
- Experience of WMS
- Microsoft Office User
- Deliver daily throughput
- Reporting of performance and daily handover
- PDP’s and Objective Setting
- Conduct warehouse tours for Internal and external Clients and Prospects
- To apply, promote and practice Company rules and regulations
- To apply, promote and practice Health and Safety instructions and regulations
- To apply and promote all Statutory requirements as instructed
- Embrace, demonstrate and promote good practices at all times
- Undertake a programme of personal development in line with the company process
- Undertake any other duty deemed reasonable by your manager
Flexibility to work and cover an any 5 from 7 Shift Pattern as required by the Business.
The job holder is required to adequately manage themselves in an environment with the pressure of a fast paced and highly targeted work environment and to communicate any excessive pressure or other types of demands.
This role requires particular physical attributes due to its nature and tasks. A standard of physical health and fitness is required i.e.:
- good vision, good hearing, and mobility