Supervisor - Logistics - Milton Keynes - £23k
DC Dock Supervisor (Goods in/out)
To help and support the Team Leaders to ensure that the warehouse operation completes the daily workload and fulfills Company targets and requirements by monitoring and overseeing warehouse operatives within the designated team and by applying the principles and directions of the SOP’s.
To support all Team Leaders and line management in the completion of their duties and responsibilities. Ensure company standards and rules are applied throughout the warehouse and distribution function. To communicate effectively and efficiently with all key interfaces regarding progress and potential problems, when required.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. To learn, understand and to assist with the planning, organisation, management and control of the daily workload of the warehouse operatives allocated to the job holders area of responsibility.
2. To learn understand and to assist with how to monitor and improve the efficiency of the warehouse operatives, ensuring that all possible effort is made to attain targets set by the company and Line management
3. To attend and participate in daily briefings and communications with the team to ensure the warehouse operatives are fully appraised of the daily and weekly tasks as they arise
4. To assist the operations team with the efficient completion of their work assignments through hands on leadership
5. Assist in the training of employees as required, including new hires
6. To ensure that Company Health and Safety standards are enforced and upheld throughout the warehouse and associated areas and that any infringement is halted and reported immediately to the appropriate line manager.
7. To ensure that the warehouse is maintained in a clean and orderly manner and corrective action is taken where necessary
8. Maintain at all times a safe, clean, enjoyable and positive work environment
9. Carry out all responsibilities in a polite manner showing due regard and respect to all other members of the team, our customers and all other persons that you may come into contact with in completing your duties
Qualifications key skills
• Good command of the English language
• Experience in supervising people preferred
• Willingness to learn new skills
• Adaptability/ flexibility
• Calm under pressure
• Hands on approach to tasks
• Able to meet deadlines
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages