Production Operatives Required - Huntingdon
Siamo group are currently working with our long-standing client based in Huntingdon in search for a Retail Operator to join their team on a temporary to permanent basis.
This is a very interesting role for anyone that wants to get involved in food manufacturing. You will be supporting the production and packing of all gluten free oat products. For this role, you will need to be able to carry a minimum of 20-25kg multiple times daily. This will initially be a 3-month fixed term contract with the possibility of becoming a permanent contract. The only farm in the UK growing and processing gluten free oats into porridge flakes, oat flour and delicious gluten free oat drink.
Salary: £11.11 per hour
Hours of work: £0600-1430 (flexibility required)
Key aspects of the role include:
- Ensure compliance with health and safety/food safety and hygiene controls
- Maintain GMP standards in area
- Ensure waste is fully segregated in line with company procedures
- Stacking of pallets as required
- Remove waste and keep yards and work areas clean and tidy
- Able to safely use hand pump trucks
- Able to identify material and product varieties
- Assist with the collection of quality samples
- Infeed and collection to/from Productions Areas and Goods In.
- Working closely with Operation to ensure right products are delivered as and when required to ensure optimum stock levels at all times in production floor.
- Immediate Starts.
- Siamo benefits Package including:
- Superb online and high street discounts
- GP Services Professional counsellors
- Financial support, Health tracker Fitness and wellbeing support
- Comprehensive onboarding and training process.
- Refer a friend scheme where you are rewarded for introducing Colleagues
- Paid holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Possible chance of a permanent position with our client for Top Performers
- Free Car-Parking
- Recruitment Process Digital for speed and efficiency with video interviews if required
Skills and experience
This role requires the following technical skills and experience:
- Must have good food and safety knowledge.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and production process.
- Forklift driving experience would be of advantage.
This role requires the following personal attributes:
- Great attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to communicate with people from different backgrounds.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift or move boxes/pallets around
In the first instance, please contact Elise on 01234 331374 or e mail your cv to email@example.com