Do you have experience developing bid strategies, and have proven exposure within bid management including oversight of the entire lifecycle?
Siamo Group are pleased to be working alongside a rapidly growing construction and civil engineering organisation, who are looking to onboard a Bid Manager at their head office in South Cerney.
Our client is looking for a highly organised individual with strong interpersonal and team management skills, who will oversee and manage both internal and external bids ensuring objectives are met correctly and to the agreed timescales.
This will be a wide and varied position working within their high performing team and will see the successful candidate earning circa £40,000 per annum.
Experience within a construction background is highly advantageous.
Why join our client?
Monday – Friday, 08:00am – 17:00pm with a competitive salary from £35-£40k dependent on experience.
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- Company vehicle
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
As a Bid Manager you will be responsible for producing high quality written tender material for bids across the construction industry, predominantly blue-collar labour supply, specialist plant hire, and civil engineering projects. Management of the entire lifecycle of each bid is essential including timetable and quality.
Daily duties include:
- Consult key business stakeholders and produce easy to read, compelling, specific, and impactful evidence-based material scoring maximum marks against the tender submissions.
- Establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, proactively chasing this where necessary.
- Successfully complete PQQ responses to ensure that new bid opportunities are maximised.
- Analysis of tender service data to help inform pricing and win strategy.
- Maintain an internal directory of standard/best practice responses to tender questions.
- Stay well informed with new business developments, updating project case studies and up to date company procedures within the responses.
- Review, critique, and challenge internal templates to ensure formatting and use of diagrams is optimised.
- Writing, review, and approval of bids pre-submission to ensure highest quality responses with excellent readability, consistency, and tone.
- Actively propose new bid strategies and search procurement platforms to look for new bid opportunities which fit the business objectives.
- Entering and monitoring bid tracking data; coordinating requirements with internal parties; contributing tender status information to review meetings; clearly transmitting proposals.
- Working with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure library of case studies and supporting evidence is market leading.
- Attend meetings to communicate successful bids to department stakeholders, to ensure all key information regarding new clients, framework agreements, and contracts are known prior to their anticipated start dates.
- Regularly review client, framework, and contract with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure that contract objectives, KPIs and terms are being adhered to.
- Update client portals in place for existing frameworks and contracts to ensure information requests are provided accurately and on time.
- Identify and communicate commercial factors through comprehensive review of the bid documentation, to ensure that the pricing strategy and commercial decision-making processes are correct from the offset.
Required skills and experience:
- Good organisational and time management skills to meet tender deadlines
- Evidence of excellence in producing high scoring written content for competitive bids with a focus on detail and grammar.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering multiple projects on time.
- Graduate level or equivalent experience with the construction industry desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Quality Team, Business Development, and other internal experts to ensure a “win strategy” solution is always captured.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office suite and Adobe PDF tools.
To discuss this role in more detail, reach out to Lisa today by calling our office on 01285 640734.