Transport and Fleet Manager - CPC Essential
Do you have experience within Transport and Fleet management, and are looking for a new and exciting position within an expanding organisation?
Siamo Group are pleased to be working alongside a rapidly growing construction and civil engineering organisation, who are looking to onboard a Transport Manager at their head office in South Cerney.
Our client is looking for a highly organised individual with strong leadership and team management skills, who will oversee the management of their transport compliance. This will be a wide and varied position working within their quality division and will see the successful candidate liaising with stakeholders to proactively ensure a compliant transport operation.
Experience within a construction background is highly advantageous.
Why join our client?
Monday – Friday, 08:00am – 17:00pm with a competitive salary from £45-£50k dependent on experience.
- Negotiable holiday allowance
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- Company vehicle
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
The responsibility of a Transport Manager will include the overall responsibility for the compliance of operated Suction Excavator (HGV) rental fleet, operated plant and machinery (excavators, site dumpers), company cars and vans.
Daily duties include:
- Ensure full compliance for the Operator’s licence and amend and make applications as required.
- Manage the FORS accreditation, with complete oversight of all regulatory requirements for all drivers, operators, HGVs, cars, vans, and Plant.
- Ensure company processes and procedures are always followed, in line with all Health & Safety requirements.
- Ensure that HGV drivers' hours regulations are observed, and proper records are maintained.
- Monitor driving standards, performance of daily defect reporting and ensure all vehicles operate within speed limits. Report accordingly and carry out follow up actions and disciplinary as appropriate.
- Conduct vehicle, site and office inspections and audits where required.
- Coordinate regular meetings with key department stake holders to confirm compliance.
- Monitor and compile accident, emission performance, and non-compliance/conformance reports as required.
- Keep up to date with regulatory changes and advancements affecting the operation vehicles.
- Monitor general driver training requirements and conduct compliance training where required. (Such as driver CPC training)
- Support the operational teams (Plant & Fleet division, Suction Excavator division) in solving problems and finding solutions.
- Identify opportunities for improved efficiencies within the overall Transport function.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Transport Manager CPC qualification essential.
- Experience working within a construction background advantageous.
- Strong leadership skills being able to motivate and engage people at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of Road Transport Regulations, Health & Safety, fleet compliance and working time directives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision-making skills, and a sense of responsibility.
- High levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with challenging situations professionally.
- Problem solving skills.
To discuss this position in more detail please call Lisa on 01285 640734.