Are you looking for a rewarding, active position which will allow you to gain valuable experience within a family run business?
Our client is looking for Timber Frame Production Operatives on a temporary-ongoing basis where the position WILL go permanent for the right candidate between 12-18 weeks.
With over 180 years' trading experience, our client has grown to provide not only the widest range of products, but expertise, service and knowledge within their field. With a nationwide network of branches supplying timber and building materials, kitchens and a dedicated manufacturing division supplying timber engineering services, they are focused on providing market leading choice, quality, service and value.
- Monday - Friday
- 8am - 5pm
- £9.88 per hour
- Attendance bonus potential (up to £85 per month)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- 'Save While you Spend' scheme with over 6,000 retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Extra company benefits if taken on permanently, such as discounts and rewards.
The Role of Production Operative:
- Manual Lifting of Timber materials
- Movement of stock around site using various equipment
- Forming Timber into truss shapes
- Clamping Timber using metal plates
- Maintaining Health and Safety Standards and Procedures and Good Housekeeping
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles
- Serving and checking customer collections
- Moving stock to storage areas
- Picking and packing orders
- Responsibility for minimising stock losses by checking customer vehicles before they leave the site
Required Skills and Experience for Production Operative:
- Warehouse and customer service experience
- Experience of working within a Timber/Builder’s Merchant is an advantage, although full training can be provided for the right applicant
- Be happy to do manual work with potential heavy lifting
- Sideloader licence (desirable)
- Be able to work well in a team, and alone when required
If you would like to give us a call prior to applying for more information, or to understand any other vacancies we have please call and ask for Lisa for a confidential conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.