Night Shift Manager - Milton Keynes - £32,000 per annum + 20% premium uplift
JOB DESCRIPTION – NIGHT SHIFT MANAGER
Job title Night Shift Manager
Reports to Senior Operations Manager
Location Milton Keynes - MKDC
Key interface Account Managers, Customer Service Representatives, HR, Team Leaders and Warehouse Operations Teams.
To professionally, efficiently, and effectively manage all night distribution centre operations pertaining to the team including administration, goods in, picking, packing, dispatch, returns, cycle counting, value added services and warehouse management systems.
To motivate, encourage and measure the operations teams to deliver a best-in-class service to our clients.
Key duties and responsibilities
Manager Job Duties:
• Maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment
• Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing daily, weekly, and monthly KPIs. To plan, organise, manage, and control the daily workload of the Operatives allocated to the DC Supervisors along with delivering a weekly client cycle count programme.
• Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and managing all employee relations matters.
• Carrying out PDP’s and manage the objective setting for your team
• Maintaining quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analysing and resolving quality and customer service problems, identifying trends, recommending system improvements, implementing, and measuring operational changes
• Working with the Client Services team to deliver expectations.
• Manage the daily throughput of customer orders
• Ensure outstanding stock receipts are completed and recorded, accurately record returns receipts and complete stock inventory requests and report results
Qualifications and key skills
• Working knowledge and adherence to Health and Safety Standards
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to analyse and amend processes and put forward continuous improvement ideas.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to report on KPIs
• Leadership with ability to motivate and manage a team
• Proven ability to coach and develop others
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, influencing, organisational and communication skills
• IT literate in WMS, MS Word & PowerPoint with intermediary experience on EXCEL (Mandatory)
• Deliver daily throughput
• Reporting of performance and daily handover
• PDP’s and Objective Setting
• Conduct warehouse tours for Internal and external Clients and Prospects
• To apply, promote and practice Company rules and regulations
• To apply, promote and practice Health and Safety instructions and regulations
• To apply and promote all Statutory requirements as instructed
• Embrace, demonstrate and promote good practices at all times
• Undertake a programme of personal development in line with the company process
• Undertake any other duty deemed reasonable by your manager
Working at night in a highly targeted fast paced environment.
This role requires particular physical attributes due to its nature and tasks. A standard of physical health and fitness is required i.e.:
- good vision, good hearing, and mobility