Customs Trade Administrator
Siamo are pleased to present this fantastic opportunity based within a reputable global industry-leading organisation for a Foreign Trade Administrator to join their small team but growing team in St Neots, Huntingdonshire.
As an International Foreign Trade Administrator, you will support the International Trade Services Department with all administration and documentation needs.You will have some experience in the administration of exports and the desire to learn and progress your career in the area of international trade compliance, as training will be provided.
- Starting £26,000 per year DOE
- Monday – Friday
- 12 months FTC with potential to be extended upon completion
The benefits of joining our client:
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing to 30 days with service
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Performance pay
- Staff discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free car parking on site.
In this busy and varied role, you will respond to all enquiries related to export documentation, ensuring a timely, professional, and effective service. You will also raise credit notes, purchase orders and invoice customers.
The daily duties include:
- Collection of the necessary documentation to support the reclaim of duty paid to HMRC in 2021, including the identification of applicable shipments, and retrieval of the relevant customs entry, import declaration, delivery note and invoice.
- Support the creation of the reclaim application including the required statements and amended invoices
- Carry out an analysis of all purchases in 2021 vs import data to ensure all goods have been subject to customs procedures.
- File and archive documentation
- Renew undertaking forms
- Facilitate inbound stock Imports and customer outbound orders, at the right cost and at the right time, whilst ensuring local customs compliance regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Liaise with suppliers, carriers and vendors on a daily basis, checking all applicable documentation is in place and fully compliant for import and subsequent re-export
- Undertake regular audits of Import entries, ensuring 100% compliance with all customs formalities
- Identifying areas of risk within the supply chain and providing solutions to maintain compliance controls
- Coordinate logistics for stock shipments required at various global event
- Process all types of export paperwork
- Support exporters using the E-Cert (electronic certification of documents) system
- Scan and upload signatures and formal undertakings for exporters using E-Cert
- Strong administrator
- Strong Excel and data entry skills
- A background in import/export would be highly beneficial
- Experience of working with individuals at all levels
- Planning and organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good IT skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office and management information systems
Call Lisa today for more information or to apply 01285 640734