Field Service Engineer - Coventry - £40k
We are currently recruiting for new Engineers to join our Clients UK Field Service Team
This is an exciting opportunity to join the UK subsidiary of a global leader in high-tech Laser and Sheet Metal Processing machinery.
The role is home based, with extensive travel to locations around the UK and Ireland
- Routine Servicing, Diagnostics, Repair, Upgrade and Installation of Sheet Metal Processing Machinery
- Working on 2D or 3D, CO2 / Fiber Lasers and / or Turret Punches, Punch-Lasers, Punch-Shears, Press Brakes, Panel Benders and Automation systems
- Working on Electrical, Electronic, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
- Travel extensively throughout the UK and Ireland with frequent stays away from home
- Completion of all servicing reports using the companies' online system
- Communication with the customer to ensure high levels of satisfaction at all times
- Compliance with all applicable Health and Safety Measures
- Demonstrable long-term experience as field service engineer or maintenance engineer, preferably multi-skilled 'mecha-tronic'
- Recognised engineering qualifications, e.g. ONC / HNC / NVQ
- Experience in fault finding on electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- High quality communications skills.
- Knowledge of laser cutting systems, punching machinery, press brakes and sheet metal bending, programming languages and PLC’s would be an advantage although not essential.
- Good working knowledge of common computer programmes such as MS Word and Excel.
- Must be a resident of and eligible to work in the UK
- Willing to travel, work and stay away from home - often at short notice and for varied durations