Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical & Electrical - Permanent - £36,000
Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical & Electrical
Based at our Hatchery near Stratford-upon-Avon and reporting into the Hatchery Maintenance Manager, we are seeking a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer who will be electrically qualified having both mechanical and electrical problem solving skills, whilst also having a good attention to detail and have obtained experience in a manufacturing environment before. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the proactive and reactive maintenance tasks around the site, and as a requirement would need to possess the following skills and experience:
- Have a recognised UK electrical qualification.
- Will need to be able to read both mechanical & electrical schematic drawings and have a good knowledge of AC motors, inverter drives, PLC’s and sensors.
- Attend to both mechanical and electrical faults/breakdowns on various items of plant and machinery.
- Mechanical stripping down, rebuilding, servicing and overhauls on various items of plant and machinery including replacing motors, gearboxes, belts, bearings and rollers.
- Carry out planned maintenance tasks.
- Basic plumbing skills.
- Welding and fabrication skills would be advantageous but not essential.
- Involvement in projects and upgrades on site.
- Good record keeping practices.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety practices.
You will have excellent planning, organisational, communication and problem solving skills along with the ability to work under pressure and work effectively alone or as part of a team. Experience of food processing or bio-secure environments would be advantageous but not essential.
The normal hours of work will be Monday to Friday 2-10pm or 10am to 6pm