A brand new, unique opportunity has arisen in the heart of Cirencester for an IT Manager to join a public sector company that offer an autonomous role, with massive technology and structural development underway.
As an IT Manager you will have hands on ownership around incident resolution and project work, be integral within the wider management group of the establishment providing the best service and maintain a secure infrastructure currently in place, meeting the developing needs of all individuals.
This a role within an educational establishment that is regarded highly in the local and surrounding areas, you will be managing a small team of four of developers and analyst, where you will work around network and equipment upgrades, maintenance updates whilst also managing the IT budget and external contractors.
What are the benefits of this role?
- 30 days Holiday Plus Bank holiday + 5 days off over Christmas
- GPS defined benefit pension scheme (including life assurance)
- Sick pay scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free on-site car parking
- On-site fitness suite
- Refectory and Cycle to Work Scheme
Your responsibilities as an IT Manager:
- Provide information to inform a cycle of capital purchasing
- Reporting on the performance of services provided against targets and adapting service processes to meet stakeholder needs.
- Lead the formation, implementation and continuing management of IT related policies, processes and procedures.
- Ensure that everything meets security thresholds and gains required certification for cyber-security and data compliance.
- Enabling the Data Protection Officer to rapidly address requirements and respond to SAR and other requests.
- Proactively manage the Incident Management process restoring normal service as quickly as possible, minimising adverse impact upon normal operations.
- Ensuring that the network is secure, and data is protected, as far as possible, given the tools and equipment available.
- Identifying, investigating, and recommending new and updated cloud, hardware, and software options with a view to improved service delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Managing the configuration, performance, monitoring, and control of elements; planning capacity, maintenance, and upgrades of elements, delegating to and monitoring the team accordingly.
- Project management, using an appropriate structure and methodology, to ensure timely and cost-effective implementation of departmental projects.
- Services meet SLAs and user expectation.
The experience expected for this IT Manager position:
- At least Level 3 IT/Computing qualification
- Experienced in configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of client and server operating systems and applications including but not limited to Linux, Microsoft Windows, SQL-Server, Exchange, Active Directory.
- Experience of planning and leading the development of an organisation’s IT infrastructure to ensure appropriate capacity and cyber security.
- Experience of managing and working within a small team.
- Experience of planning and delivering infrastructure related projects.
- Ability to liaise effectively with users at all levels of the organisation, including learners, staff and senior leadership audience.
- Suitable to work in a college environment in the presence of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to act accordingly.
- Desirable experience / knowledge of Windows Server – 2012 onwards Microsoft Office 365 Administration Azure AD Network cabling infrastructure MFA
For immediate consideration please contact Keegan at Siamo Recruitment