If you are an adaptable, analytic individual with an exposure in accounting, we have an exciting opportunity that could be perfect for you…
Siamo are delighted to be working with a family-owned company, with over 40 years’ experience within the construction sector who are looking to onboard an Accounts Assistant to their team in Stroud. Our client is committed to supporting its local community, and the environment whilst providing high quality service. You will be a key member of the team helping to ensure these company values are shown through all aspects of work.
The successful candidate for this Accounts Assistant post will have experience dealing with high volumes of invoices and statements and will be proficient in MS office, inc. Excel. This role will be based in their office just outside of Stroud within a small close-knit friendly team.
The position would suit someone with financial experience within the construction sector (preferable), with a full driving licence and transport (essential).
- Monday – Friday
- Full-time 40 hours per week
- £25,000 per year
The benefits of joining our client:
- Free on-site parking
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Membership of auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Training & Development: sponsored and funded a wide range of professional body memberships
- Learning & Development: technical skills training, management development and support for professional qualifications
- Healthy career progression routes
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
More details on the duties to be undertaken by the successful Accounts Assistant candidate:
- Processing weekly timesheets onto internal systems.
- Assist with collating client cost audit information
- Clearing GRN’s from internal systems.
- Issuing of applications and invoices as directed by the Quantity Surveyors and expediting outstanding cash
- Collation and distribution of monthly cost information
- Loading job costs onto CRM
- Provide commercial & financial support and undertake cost analysis
- Reviewing current procedures and working with the commercial and operational teams to implement any changes for continuous improvement
- Matching, checking, coding & filing invoices
- Ensuring invoices are allocated correctly to specific projects
- Making payments via credit card, BACS and cheques
- Maintaining correct banking details for suppliers
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Reconciliation of supplier statements and Sub contractor statements & invoices
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers and suppliers
The successful candidates will have the following skills and attributes:
- Must hold driving license and have own transport due to location
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with confidence to converse at all levels within the business
- Flexibility, resilience, and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Purchase ledger experience, with experience dealing with high volumes of invoices per month
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Strong MS Office, including Excel skills is essential
- Experience with accounting software e.g., Sage
- Experience within the construction sector is highly beneficial, though not essential