Incubation Operative - Hatchery - £20k - Stratford on Avon
Reporting to the Incubation Management we are looking for the right person to fill this role working Monday to Friday 6am to 2pm with flexibility in our Incubation team to include the following tasks:
- Follow Instructions from the Incubation Supervisor and monitor standards of work in your allocated area.
- Loading setters with eggs
- Monitoring the performance of the incubators
- Incubator troubleshooting
- Hatchery operative duties
- Manual Handling when transferring eggs to other trolleys and other parts of the hatchery
- Ensure all equipment being used is in good working order and sufficient stocks of consumable material are available to achieve requirements.
- Be confident that standards of chick & egg welfare are met at all times in the handling of chicks/eggs during the various treatments
- Ensure you follow appropriate cleaning ad hygiene standards according to agreed company protocols.
- Ensure you follow safe working practices and wear appropriate PPE at all times.
- Ensure all accident and near miss reporting procedures are followed.
- Ensure high standards of biosecurity are maintained at all times.
The successful candidates must have good communication skills, ability to read and interpret correctly written information to ensure correct vaccines is used each day, be a team player and good people person, and have ability to work using their own initiative and also to work as part of a team
This role will include a certain amount of manual handling.