Importing Customs Clearance Supervisor - IMMEDIATE START
Importing Customs Clearance Supervisor
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for one of our clients based in Hemel Hempstead who are looking to add an experienced Customs Clearance Supervisor to their Management team.
You will be joining our clients growing team in which you will be managing this brand-new department, whilst maintaining a seamless service.
If you believe you have enough experience, then this is the right job for you!!1
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Hours: Monday – Friday 08:00am – 17:00pm
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
You will be joining out clients motivated and dedicated team, in which you will need to deliver an efficient customs clearance service, deliver high level service and realising new opportunities to enhance existing revenues. You will need to have at least 3 years of experience within Customs clearance industry, supervisory would be beneficial.
You are required to demonstrate clear understanding of all relevant customs laws and regulations. You will need to maintain your understanding and keep up to date with changes as they occur. You will be advising customers on many things such as, importing, exporting restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
You will need to assist in training and development for all Customs Clearance staff, so they are able to confidently carry out all Customs Clearance processes. You will need to manage specific Custom’s systems in order to complete Custom’s transactions. You will need to ensure the teams arranges ad-hoc Customs shipments effectively. Manage the interface between the team and the HMRC, regarding compliance issues.
Key skills and requirements
- It is key that Customs Clearance Supervisor has good reading and comprehension skills.
- you must have excellent writing skills and have clear communications for team members to act upon.
- Customs Clearance Supervisor must communicate, manage, and make sure goals which are set for the team are achieved.
- You must be able to identify problems and find solutions when required.
- Complete customs entries from start to finish
- Ensure a smooth and timely customs process flow is completed
- Process Sea/Air/Road freight import and export customs entries
- Ensure accurate data is entered on customs software
- Completing freight booking
- Arranging documentation
- Proficient with MCP/Destin8, CCS and CNS software to complete customs entries
- Contacting importers to establish their clearance instructions
- Receipt and process of inbound EDI
- Multi Freight software experience will be a great advantage
- Strong communications skills