Have you had at least 5 years experience as an assistant accountant? Do you have your AAT Level 4 qualification?
Siamo recruitment have a brand new exciting opportunity for an industry leading client. They offer top quality customer service alongside their prestigious end to end network service.
To work as part of the finance team assisting and supporting the Management Accountant in all aspects of the day-to-day accounting for a busy, growing manufacturing Business.
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register – working alongside R&D and purchasing to identify, track and account for assets from when an order is placed to when they are disposed of.
- Lead and take responsibility for all associated sales ledger activities, monitoring customer credit limits, generation and distribution of invoices and credit notes and credit control.
- Management of business Mileage, Company car, milage allowance and private car users submitting monthly analysis. Post the associated invoices and ensure the colleagues are paid, or their expenses are kept to a minimum.
- Management of company credit cards, ensuring all colleagues with a CC are providing analysis in a correct and timely manner. Responsible for checking and posting into the purchase ledger.
- Analysis of expenses, as above but for all other out of pocket expenses.
- VAT Return – Must be able to complete the VAT return in a timely and accurate manner.
- Lease control – Account for leases using the lease accelerator tool, ensuring complete accuracy.
- Have at least five years’ experience working as an Assistant Accountant or equivalent
- Be qualified through experience or formal qualifications to AAT level 4 -
- Practical hands-on experience of managing credit control
- Good all-round knowledge and experience of working a in small accounts team.
- Working in a manufacturing or SME environment.
- Has tenacity and takes pride in a job well done whilst acting with integrity and honesty.
- A good communicator who is not afraid to put their opinion forward
- Detail conscious with an analytical mind who likes to drill down and find out what the cause of a problem is
- Experience of pulling figures together from multiple sources and putting into a reports
- Self-motivated and able to prioritise own work
- Driven to achieve deadlines
- Ability to communicate at all levels up and down the business
- A general all rounder who is competent in the roles and responsibilities of the job and needs minimal instruction or supervision.
Salary £35000 - £40000 PA
Strictly office based role - No hybrid working
Monday to Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
If you have experience in a 360 accounts role including credit control, sales ledger, VAT returns, Reconciliations, analysis of expenses, investigations and maintenance of the lease accelerator and fixed asset register then this is the role for you!
Give Sharna a call today on 01604 438462 or 079772 60305 to discuss further or apply with your cv!