Permanent Inbound Supervisor
Our Inbound Process (Day Supervisor) is a key role working with our Day Shift Manager to ensure the smooth running of the day operation in our Depot where you will lead teams of Day Loaders, Sorters and Drivers in processing parcels delivered from client sites in to smaller geographic areas to be delivered to the final customer.
flexible starts depending on volume. Shifts will also cover weekend work.
- Allocating people to the right positions
- Resolving any issues on the shop floor
- Passing the handover to the team
- Good Excel and Microsoft office skills
- Being flexible
Essential skills and experience required:
- Management experience of leading and managing a team
- Must be able to work on own initiative in a pressurised environment to tight deadlines
- Experience of managing teams in a fast-paced logistics environment is a definite advantage
- PC Literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Good communicator and able to liaise at all levels
- Flexible approach to work to meet business requirements
What we can offer you:
We can offer you a competitive salary, bonus, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 3% contribution into your pension, life assurance and income protection. On top of this, we offer a great range of flexible benefits that aim to provide something for everyone, so whether you want shopping vouchers, insurance or healthcare we’ve got you covered.
This role offers fantastic opportunities for you to climb the career ladder into managerial roles within both the function and wider business. At Hermes, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, we thrive on it and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.