1st Line Support Technician
Have you had 1st Line Support Exposure across Hardware, Software and provided customer support looking to develop your career further within a growing and a specialist client?
We here at Siamo Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for 1st Line Support Technicians to develop and make their mark within a growing business, this is an opportunity to become an integral member of the IT Support Team providing top quality service and query resolution with the businesses software solutions to retail purchasers.
You’ll be liaising with some of the most well-known retailers along helping smaller businesses in order to develop their Electronic Point of Sale allowing companies to continue to grow their services with the technological era we all know today.
The ideal candidate will have experience administrating/supporting small to mid-sized IT infrastructure such as Windows servers (Hosted and on-site) servicing multiple roles (AD, DNS, DS, WEB etc.), Windows OS (7,8 and 10) desktop support and basic network administration (Routers, Firewalls, Wi-Fi, monitoring etc.)
This 1st line support role is varied allowing you to see all areas of the business and work with a range of queries providing excellent growth with clear career paths to 2nd line and further.
£21,000 - £24,000 base salary DOE along with an out of hours bonus paid monthly. This role will require the successful individuals to provide out of hours support via the phone remotely.
Here are a few benefits of joining our client:
- Excellent progression paths and training courses
- The opportunity to become a specialist within a niche industry
- Out of hours support bonus
- Joining a family feel business
- 21 days + bank holidays holiday
The 1st line support technician role will have the following responsibilities:
- To Log Incoming Support Calls
- To assist the Senior Support Engineer(s) with Internal and External (Client) Support (Hardware & Software)
- To deal promptly with Support Calls and allocate to appropriate engineer in the absence of the Senior Support Engineer.
- To input and update information onto the Maintenance Logging System
- To inform clients of Support Log Reference Numbers & update Clients as Required
- To undertake / assist with system installations – Internal and External
- To manage client relationships and head support provision to allocated clients
- To provide assistance to the Support desk manager with client meetings and liaise with the sales department to provide quotes etc.
- Assisting the management time as and when required.
- To provide Out of Hours Support on a Rota Basis
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Have an understanding of core internet technologies. (DHCP, DNS, Mail transport, TCP IP and network file systems
- Oracle exposure
- Understanding of anti-virus softwares
- Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to remotely diagnose IT problems
- Clean UK Driving License