Senior Project Manager
We here at Siamo Recruitment are currently recruiting a Senior Project Manager within the construction industry to join the team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our clients team.
Our client is a small enterprise looking to grow with the existing team working on a broad range of interesting, fast paced projects including refurbishments, fit outs, redevelopments, and new builds that span an array of sectors. This role presents an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual to take responsibility for providing all project management services on several interesting projects.
As a Senior Project Manager you will break down projects into stages, take responsibility for monitoring and managing the programme, cost, quality and risk of each stage of the project. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service to our clients and enjoy long term relationships with them. We are a sector focused business actively operating and investing in Commercial, Residential, Education, Hotels and Leisure clients and projects. Surveyors work in close contact with the clients, advising them on legal and financial matters that arise during the project.
Why join our client:
- A chance to make a difference with our client passionate on providing a profitable and passionate service
- An above market starting salary of £65,000
- A chance to work in partnership with a driven client
- Excellent career opportunities
This Senior Project Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Assistance with the preparation of contract documents
- Management of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Working knowledge of various forms of building contracts
- Experience of Administering building contracts
- Preparation of various programmes
- Management of meetings, taking and preparation of minutes
- Preparation of progress reports and presentation at monthly client meetings
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Managing multiple projects on ‘LIVE’ operational sites
- To support business objectives of delivering value for money in all circumstances
- To carry out assigned duties efficiently and in accordance with processes and procedures
- Comply with established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies
- Take personal responsibility for complying with Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Quality Standards
The ideal candidate for this Senior Project Manager role will have the following exposure:
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results Management and preparation of key stage reports from feasibility through to completion and post-handover
- Construction Project Management degree or a similar construction related qualification with extensive technical delivery experience in a similar role gained within a consultancy or end user client.
- Ability to identify and develop potential opportunities to secure more business for AFA Ltd.
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service, communication and client/external interface skills
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to deadlines
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible