Shift Leader / Team Leader
Production Shift Leader
We are seeking an experienced Team Leader/Supervisor or Manager to join our fantastic clients Plastic Production Team.
They are seeking a Shift Leader to manage and lead a team of production operatives, you will be accountable for the health & Safety of the team ensuring that tasks are performed in accordance with the standard operating procedures and risk assessments. You will have accountability for the manufacture, packaging and dispatch of product in accordance with the production plan, agreed performance targets and the documented quality standards.
To lead the Plastics Production team (8-10 people) in the following disciplines:
- Ensure presence on the ‘shop floor’ to ensure that staff are performing tasks as instructed.
- Ensure staff adhere to agreed shift start and finish times and designated break times.
- Manage the time and attendance system for staff ensuring compliance with working time directive.
- Conduct return to work interviews with staff following periods of absence and manage any ongoing staff absence issues.
- Manage staff holidays to ensure availability of trained staff to deliver the production plan.
- Conduct, and record, investigation interviews as necessary.
- Conduct disciplinary interviews when necessary.
- Ensure processes are followed to ensure quality standards and product packing and palletising specifications are adhered to.
- Coordinate periodic internal stock counts of key components and consumables.
- Liaise with production planner and coordinate activities with regard to incoming delivery components and loading of finished goods for dispatch.
- Accountable for the housekeeping and presentation of the production area. Manage staff to complete cleaning and stock management duties to ensure a high standard of housekeeping and safety is maintained.
- Carry out post accident/incident investigations, gathering information and record findings on the safety compliance system.
Staff Development and Training
- Ensure staff are assessed for the tasks they perform using the Skills Matrix and the associated SOPs and risk assessments.
- Use the skills matrix to identify training needs for staff to both manage staff progression and ensure the correct balance of skill availability across the production team.
- Conduct interviews for temporary staff and make decisions regarding employment.
- Deliver, and receive, shift handover meeting with colleagues from other shifts to ensure all necessary information is communicated and understood.
- Work with production planner to ensure delivery of the required production plan through coordination of tool changes, railing plans and deployment of staff.
- People management skills.
- Ideally trained to, or working towards, ILM2 standard.
- PC skills – use of MS Excel, MS Word, MRP system.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Good communication skills.
- Assertive and confident.
- Driven to achieve results and suitably demanding on others.
- Attention to detail / critical appraisal of quality standards.
- Positive, ‘can-do’, attitude.
- Flexible, can swap/change shifts to provide cover, including nightshift.
- Willing and able to work paid overtime when required.
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, on rotating shifts 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm. You must be prepared to occasionally work a Nightshift too which operates from 10pm-6am on a set period basis. A nightshift premium of one third is paid for hours worked. Some flexibility will be required.
We offer opportunity for career progression, extensive training and a competitive salary with 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays. We offer a Company Pension Scheme and Private Healthcare is available after a qualifying period.
Apply today for a response within 24 hours!