Social Media Officer
Are you a social media expert? Do you know how to utilise your skills to make social perform for business? Are you fantastic at creating content and knowing how to adapt it for different audiences?
If you answered ‘yes’ to all these then you could be the person we need!
We are now expanding our Marketing team and need someone who can manage our social media accounts and content creation, taking ownership and working to make the content really stand out. You will not only manage day to day tasks but have the opportunity to develop our social media presence across existing and future platforms.
You will be adept at using design tools, such as Canva, to create eye-catching and on brand visuals and also have the ability to turn your hand to copywriting, making the accompanying text attractive and exciting to read.
Your ideas for developing content, presence and brand identity will create real results for our business, attracting candidates, learners and clients to our brand. You will be supported by the Marketing team and will work together to develop cross-platform campaigns, forming an important role in the success of our business.
*Please note that due to the level of applications, we may only be able to get back to those who are successful.
Who is right for the job?
Someone with a great personality and a passion for people. A hard-working individual with a positive attitude and the ability to work to deadlines and juggle changing requirements. You will have strong visual skills and the ability to create and design artwork and assets. You will also be adept at copywriting and able to match both design and writing skills to make our social media presence stand out. You will also be keen to jump into other marketing projects, as needed, to assist with the promotion of our brand both internally and externally.
You will work in a small team to create the social media output for all aspects of the business with tasks covering:
- Social media content creation
- Platform management
- Platform development
- Brand Management
- Candidate attraction activities
- Excellent communication skills – you will need to build strong, positive relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Excellent visual design – the ability to visualise a design and make it come to life.
- The ability to create visuals within Canva and/or Adobe programmes.
- Good copywriting skills – you will be able to adapt your writing to suit the different social media platforms and their audiences.
- Knowledge of social media scheduling platforms such as Hootsuite, Buffer or Sprout Social.
- Curiosity – the ability to research new trends and social media platform updates in order to develop output and tap into new audiences.
- Knowledge of Office 365.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities and problem-solve.
- The ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- Ambition and the determination to succeed.
It is desirable that you have a valid driving licence.
Your location will be varied – incorporating time in the office at both our Erdington and our Birmingham Business Park bases, as well as home-working.
Why Siamo Group?
Established in 1984 the group has flourished, rapidly growing into a national business across more than 40 locations, gaining ISO 9001 accreditation and recognition from the London Stock Exchange Group as one of its Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain. We are very lucky to be working in conjunction with some of the country’s leading distribution, logistics, manufacturing and commercial companies, supplying and training staff within the UK’s supply chain and retail network. We offer:
- Great business ethos and personality
- Clear progression path and opportunities
- Market leading accredited training programmes
- Birthday vouchers
- Employee benefit package
- Pension scheme
- Regular company communication days: entertainment, team bonding and free evening meal with hotel provided.
Apply now if you want to join our fun, friendly team in a company with strong values and a commitment to making employees feel valued and supported.