£25,000 - £27,000 Per Annum
We are recruiting for our client based in Shepshed, Loughborough
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to support in the Purchasing Department for a company that supplies and distributes industrial products throughout the UK.
This role has come about due to continued growth and therefore comes with the opportunity to progress
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday 09.00am – 17.00pm (there may be some flexibility on this)
Working with a friendly team in a modern office environment you will provide efficient and proactive support to the Purchasing Manager and Supervisor Purchasing Department.
The role will involve ordering and arranging delivery of specific products, and this will mean liaising with factories in China and Europe and will require building of good supplier relationships to negotiate pricing, lead times and delivery dates.
We are looking for someone with good IT skills and specifically excel experience (ideally V Looks Upas and/or Pivot tables would be advantageous)
The role involves the following:
- Taking responsibility for the ordering and delivery of specific stock
- Negotiation of pricing, lead times and delivery dates with factories and suppliers.
- Developing supplier relationships
- Maximising profit-making opportunities
- Updating delivery and product data on the company computer system.
- Liaising and building strong relationships with key stakeholders within the business.
- General Administration duties associated with buying functions
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Highly effective numerically and analytically.
- Have good Microsoft Excel skills (ideally V-Look Up & Pivot Table experience)
- Logical thinker with attention to
- Able to do basic tasks on Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Have purchasing experience or experience in a purchasing department
- Previously worked with overseas suppliers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be able to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Ability to work as part of team
- Excellent computer skills
- Work well under pressure
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, with private pension scheme, and generous holiday entitlement and opportunity for career progression.
If you are interested in this role apply now. Alternatively, you can email your CV to email@example.com or call for an informal chat on 01530 416770